Counselling and Psychotherapy in Manchester
Life can be really challenging
We are living in an increasingly advanced world: 24/7 working patterns and around the clock social networking often dictate how we spend our time. We're repeatedly told that we can have it all. Whilst this trend provides us with limitless opportunities, the psychological fallout can be significant.
The pressure to balance work and family commitments or to live up to the ideals projected to us through social media can sometimes prove overwhelming. Often if we fall short of our own or other people's expectations of us, we can find ourselves struggling emotionally.
Sometimes we just need to talk about it
Perhaps you are contemplating counselling or psychotherapy because you are dealing with an anxiety related issue or are experiencing low mood. You may have had a bereavement or are going through family or work related difficulties. The stress of everyday life or the emotional pain from a past or recent trauma may be causing you to feel lost and unsure how to move forward.
You don't have to struggle alone
People come to counselling and psychotherapy in Manchester for all sorts of different reasons and from all walks of life. I see individuals and couples who either want to come to terms with past events or choose to focus on the here and now. Whatever the reason for having therapy, the end goal is usually to be able to move towards a more positive place.
If this is you...
- You feel stuck and don't know why.
- You've experienced a trauma and feel unable to get past it.
- You're worrying more and sleeping less.
- You're tired of your anxiety controlling you.
- Your usual zest for life has gone and you can't be bothered doing the things you used to enjoy.
- You dread rather than look forward to the future.
- You can't stop re-playing past negative events in your head.
- You can't stop criticizing or blaming yourself for your present situation.
- You need to manage your stress levels before you feel completely burnt out.
- You've experienced a loss that you're struggling to cope with.
- You're going through a major relationship, family, financial, career or health change in your life and feel unable to adjust to it.
- You and your partner would like to try couples counselling to explore how to reconnect.
- You've tried your best to resolve your problems, but still feel lost.
Professional support can help
The distress you're feeling can be significantly reduced with counselling or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
I am an experienced, warm and empathic counsellor and psychotherapist and will help you overcome your difficulties in a safe and non-judgmental space.
I will facilitate change by working at a pace that is respectful to your needs as you gain new insights and coping strategies.
Together we will reduce the obstacles that are preventing you from moving forwards.
Counselling and Psychotherapy in Manchester offers you
- Space to talk
- Space to breathe
- Space to reflect
- Space to gain clarity
- Space to develop new coping strategies
- Space for you.
Take control of the direction your life is taking. Your first step towards emotional relief is a phone call away.
Some of the issues I can help you with:
- Anger Management
- Bereavement, Loss and
- Divorce, Redundancy or Retirement
- Relationship / Sexual Issues
- Generalised Anxiety /
- Low Motivation / Procrastination
- Low Self-Esteem and Confidence Issues
- Panic Attacks
- Social Anxiety and Fear of Public Speaking
- Specific Phobias
- Work Related Stress / Burnout