Psychotherapy in Manchester
We are living in an increasingly advanced world: 24/7 working patterns and around the clock social networking often dictate how we spend our time. We're repeatedly told that we can have it all. Whilst this trend provides us with limitless opportunities, the psychological fallout can be significant.
The pressure to balance work and family commitments or to live up to the ideals projected to us through social media can sometimes prove overwhelming. Often if we fall short of our own or other people's expectations of us, we can find ourselves struggling emotionally.
People come to counselling for all sorts of different reasons and from all walks of life. I see individuals and couples who either want to come to terms with past events or choose to focus on the here and now. Whatever the reason for having therapy, the end goal is usually to be able to move towards a more positive place.
Perhaps you are contemplating therapy because you are dealing with a relationship issue, have had a bereavement or are experiencing family or work related difficulties. You may be feeling confused, anxious or depressed and aren't sure how to move forward. However you are feeling, there is no shame in seeking professional help.
Your psychological and emotional health are as important as your physical wellbeing. Having an impartial person to talk things over with can be easier than confiding in family and friends who may be too emotionally involved with you to give you a judgement free perspective.
I am an experienced and empathic therapist. Exploring your difficulties in a safe non-judgemental environment, at your own pace - will give you an opportunity to see your situation through fresh eyes.
Is this you?
- You feel stuck and don't know why.
- You have experienced a trauma and are struggling to cope with it.
- You're worrying more and sleeping less.
- You're tired of having to avoid situations due to fear.
- You're spending more time on your own as being around others makes you anxious.
- Your usual motivation has gone and you can't be bothered doing the things you used to enjoy.
- You dread rather than look forward to the future.
- You can't stop re-playing past negative events in your head.
- You can't stop criticizing or blaming yourself for your present situation.
- You find yourself wishing that you could walk away from the stress at work or at home.
- You've experienced a loss that you're struggling to cope with.
- You're going through a major relationship, family, financial, career or health change in your life and feel unable to adjust to it.
- You and your partner would like to try couples counselling to explore how to reconnect.
- You've tried your best to resolve your problems, but still feel helpless.
You don't have to suffer alone
The distress you're feeling can be significantly reduced with counselling or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). I will help you reduce the obstacles that are preventing you from moving forwards, so that you can live the life you want to. You can feel better, you just need:
- Space to talk
- Space to breathe
- Space to reflect
- Space to gain clarity
- Space to develop new coping strategies
- Space for you.
Take control of the direction your life is taking. Your first step towards emotional relief is a phone call away. If you are struggling, reach out to me TODAY to arrange your FREE confidential telephone consultation.
Early morning and evening appointments available.
Some of the issues I can help you with:
- Anger Management
- Bereavement, Loss and
- Divorce, Redundancy or Retirement
- Relationship / Sexual Issues
- Generalised Anxiety /
- Low Motivation / Procrastination
- Low Self-Esteem and Confidence Issues
- Panic Attacks
- Social Anxiety and Fear of Public Speaking
- Specific Phobias
- Work Related Stress / Burnout